Saturday, March 31, 2012

1995-Jeff Buckley-American Legion Hall



With Ron alone, I don't think Bianca went to this one.
This show ranks right up there as one of the greatest concerts I have ever seen.
It was magical.  He had the most beautiful voice I have ever heard.
I first heard him on MTV and fell for that voice. Then had the chance
to see him at the free show at The Wherehouse in Westwood where he
signed some things and then this show.  I feel very luck indeed to
be able to say I saw him.    

2 comments:

  1. I saw that show too. It WAS magical. I met a girl there and we sort of bonded over the show and became musical friends for several years afterward. My last conversation with her was about Jeff's death. She died of a brain aneurysm suddenly. I remember her talking about how "anybody can go at any time." I played "Last Goodbye" for her when I visited her grave site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your amazing story. What a wonderful show that was. His voice was so amazing. I know how special a music or concert buddy can be. I lost mine too. We shared so many experiences and amazing concert moments its hard to listen to anything now and not have some memory of that time shared. Thanks again for writing.

    ReplyDelete