Sunday, May 9, 2010

1989 - KROQ X-mas Bash - Universal Amphitheatre

This was the first of what was to become
the KROQ Acoustic Christmas shows.
There used to be a mention of it on the KROQ web-site
and now I can't locate it to get a listing of the bands that played. 
I really only remember Camper Van Beethoven.
They sang a memorable song about the Lincoln Memorial. 
And Food for Feet.  With the guys from Oingo Boingo.
I know there were other bands. 
Maybe Violent Femmes? 
If anyone remembers please leave a comment!     

5 comments:

  1. All I remember was that Damn Christmas tree in our way! They had a Christmas tree on each side of the stage and it blocked our view. I am trying to remember the guy who played, he had a really slow song that was popular at the time...chris something? Damn! Can't remember! I can picture him singing with his acoustic guitar and me trying to keep awake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew once I logged out I would remember. It was Chris Issac?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris Issac was the next year, 1990 the official start of the Acoustic Christmas shows. This was the first one they never mention for some reason. I may have gone with Shawn and Christine. Hope they remember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I went to this one. Can't remember though. Because I know I went twice and thought they where boring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The third band that night was none other than Mary's Danish. The Call were supposed to headline, but cancelled that evening, so FFF, MD, and CVB got to play longer sets...

    ReplyDelete