Thursday, May 20, 2010

1990 - David Bowie - L.A. Sports Arena

I went to this one with Cathy! 
This was supposed to be his retirement tour. 
The Sound & Vision Tour.
It was great, but, I have since learned that David Bowie
doesn't do a bad show!! 
The choice of songs was amazing.

Corrected set list, thanks anon!

1. Space Oddity
2. Changes
3. TVC15
4. Rebel Rebel
5. Be My Wife
6. Ashes To Ashes
7. Starman
8. Fashion
9. Life On Mars?
10. Blue Jean
11. Let's Dance
12. Stay
13. China Girl
intermission
14. Sound And Vision
15. Ziggy Stardust
16. Station To Station
17. Young Americans
18. Suffragette City
19. Fame
20. "Heroes"
encores
21. Pretty Pink Rose
22. The Jean Genie
23. Panic In Detroit.

6 comments:

  1. Still will put this in one of my top 5 concerts that I have ever seen! It was soooo amazing! And during the intermission they played the Sex Pistols Never mind the bullocks! It was great to hear everybody sing God Save the Queen! Loved it and still have the T-shirt from the concert!!! But he did play China Girl and remember that dance they showed on the screen of him dancing with that women and they he was stepping over his own self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the correct setlist


    1. Space Oddity
    2. Changes
    3. TVC15
    4. Rebel Rebel
    5. Be My Wife
    6. Ashes To Ashes
    7. Starman
    8. Fashion
    9. Life On Mars?
    10. Blue Jean
    11. Let's Dance
    12. Stay
    13. China Girl
    intermission
    14. Sound And Vision
    15. Ziggy Stardust
    16. Station To Station
    17. Young Americans
    18. Suffragette City
    19. Fame
    20. "Heroes"
    encores
    21. Pretty Pink Rose
    22. The Jean Genie
    23. Panic In Detroit.

    from

    http://www.algonet.se/~bassman/tour/index.html

    I also had the complete thing on tape at one point but ended up ditching a lot of those a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I would have loved having this show on tape! Thanks for the correction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The next time I go to storage I will see if I still have it. I had dozens of boxes from the tape trading days - Bowie, Ramones, Cheap Trick, Stones, that I freecycled out or just put the curb when I moved. I think I ditched the Bowie boxes but now I am not so sure. I can always ask for it on one of the torrent sites.

    ijwthstd

    AT

    yah00

    DOT

    com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have loved to been able to see the concert. I was a bad scalper. I sold very bad seats to this show and spent the rest of the night hiding from angry customers. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have gone. Even the bad seats got you in the building for this amazing show.

      Delete