Wednesday, June 16, 2010

1991 - 10th Annual Bob Marley Day – L.B. Arena

1991 02.24 Bob Marley Day Long Beach Arena

Don’t remember who was the headliner at this show, I think it was Maxi Priest.  I went to these festivals because I missed the Bahamas.  I lived there for a while and I missed the food and the music and the culture.  This festival brought a little of that back to me.  I also liked the presentations that Roger Steffens did to keep Bob’s memory alive.  Roger Steffens is a treasure.  I wish I still had all the tapes I got from the fund raising drives they had during the radio show he did called Reggae Beat.  It was one of the best showcases for reggae music ever.  I always felt these shows grounded me in a way, like a religious retreat

2 comments:

  1. I know we went to a couple of these, but is this the one where we got Ice T's autograph? And when you left for Depeche Mode the next day and saw Rita Marley in the airport?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! and getting my ear pierced! It was soooo hella infected!

    ReplyDelete