Wednesday, June 16, 2010

1991 – Morrissey - Forum

1991 06.02 Morrissey Forum
Opening band Phranc, ok Bianca and Cathy go for it! 
We went as a group with some friends from our neighborhood. 
It was an adventure and I learned to go to shows with people I trust.  Cathy, Shawn and Bianca were there with me.   It was a great show. 
I like Morrissey.  Forget all the drama surrounding him, he is an entertainer.   Swinging the microphone cord, flowers being thrown on stage, fans jumping up onstage to touch him, singing along with all the songs.  I had a good time. 
Morrissey Setlist Great Western Forum, Los Angeles, CA, USA 1991, Kill Uncle Tour

7 comments:

  1. I will not say anything about Phranc. Not one word lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw Morrisey on the same tour but at the Pacific Ampitheatre in Orange Country. I almost got beat up in line getting my tickets at Tower Records.
    The show was great. I really liked that album. I had heard lots of things about his shows that they seemed to be hit or miss, but it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me be frank about Phranc! I heard dyeing animals sound better! And I loved the parking lot adventures! Morrisey was good! But that Phranc! Don't get me started! sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What was Morrisey thinking.....REALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Self-professed "all-American, Jewish, lesbian folksinger" Phranc got her start in the late '70s Punk rock movement with synth rock band Nervous Gender and reggae Goth band Catholic Discipline (a band that would be immortalized in the first installment of the Decline of Western Civilization movies). During this period, she would sing some of her more political songs acoustically to allow the audience to clearly hear her words. It was these performances that eventually led to the discovery of her voice as an acoustic folk artist. During the span of her early solo releases (Folksinger and on), she discovered her niche -- a voice for not only the gay and lesbian community, but for the socially conscious everywhere. Phranc's music is often humorous in approach, but the underlying message is always based on serious subject matter. EVERYBODY WHO IS GAY...GO STRAIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the worst opening bands my ears ever had to hear. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete