Wednesday, March 9, 2011

1994 - Eagles - Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre


This was a reunion show, one of the first where a major band got
back together and decided to tour again.  So I was all, I never saw
the Eagles, lets go! 
Why does no one stop me when I get like that?
It was so boring.  We had lawn tickets and couldn't see too well
and as it turns out I didn't know as many songs as I thought I would.
The crowd was all old and just wanted to relive their youth by
smoking and drinking like they were teens again.  
I know this was an amazing show for people who were their fans. 
Sorry, it just wasn't for me. 

Set list

  1. Hotel California
  2. Victim Of Love
  3. New Kid In Town
  4. Wasted Time
  5. The Girl From Yesterday
  6. I Can't Tell You Why
  7. New York Minute
  8. Ordinary Average Guy
  9. Lyin' Eyes
  10. One Of These Nights
  11. Tequila Sunrise
  12. Help Me Thru The Night
  13. Heart Of The Matter
  14. Love Will Keep Us Alive
  15. Learn To Be Still
  16. You Belong To The City
  17. Boys Of Summer
  18. Life's Been Good
  19. All She Wants To Do Is Dance
  20. Heartache Tonight
  21. Life In The Fast Lane
  22. Get Over It
  23. Rocky Mountain Way
  24. Already Gone
  25. Desperado
  26. Take It Easy

2 comments:

  1. I didn't go with you but I went to this show and some girl that sat behind me sang every song it was sooooooo annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I knew that I didn't go that year, I'd say that was me. I hate that too, but once the entire audience starts doing it, like at major shows (the Eagles, Pearl Jam, etc.) I take on the whole "if you can't beat 'em join 'em" attitude. I did this at a Cure concert in either 89 or 90. The funny thing is that I'm not a Cure fan...not a big fan of big bands. Love They Might Be Giants. Yeah, I'm one of those geeks.

      Delete