Sunday, March 20, 2011

1994 - Lollapalooza - Sam Boyd Stadium


I was on a roll of not missing any of the Lollapalooza shows.  This was the first show of the tour and we took the four hour drive and had to see it. The line-up was;
Main Stage: The Smashing Pumpkins, Beastie Boys, George Clinton & the P-Funk All Stars, The Breeders, A Tribe Called Quest, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, L7, Boredoms
Side Stage: The Flaming Lips, The Verve, The Boo Radleys, The Frogs, Guided By Voices, Lambchop, Girls Against Boys, Rollerskate Skinny, Palace Songs, Stereolab, Fu-Schnickens, The Pharcyde, Shudder to Think, Luscious Jackson, God Lives Underwater, King Kong, Charlie Hunter Trio, Shonen Knife, Blast Off Country Style, Souls of Mischief, Cypress Hill, The Black Crowes
This show was in Sam Boyd Stadium.  A football/track stadium made of concrete with metal benches.  It was 126 degrees outside.  Yes, 126 degrees.  You can't bring water or food into the stadium with you.  They had the mist tents set up and the security let the hoses run but it did little to eliminate the heat.  I sat on a bench covered in a shroud to help eliminate the inevitable burn.  The sun going down didn't help cause it stays hot there.  I really liked the Smashing Pumpkins luckily I got to see them a bunch.  It was the first time I got to see Nick Cave.  I loved Boredoms.  I will always remember I got to see the legendary Frogs too! Went with Ron and Bianca and really my biggest memory besides the heat was I told security I had to bring my bottles of water in with me cause I was pregnant.  I wasn't and yes, they let me in with my water! 

1 comment:

  1. Well if I lived here then I would of warned you about Las Vegas in July! THE WORST! The hotest part of the day! 2pm! And your right! when the sun goes down it doesn't get any cooler!!!

    ReplyDelete