Tuesday, March 29, 2011

1994 - Metallica - CSUDH Velodrome Field


Went with Ron, Bianca and Shawn if I remember right.
I had never seen Metallica though 
I had had many opportunities.
I had my secret metal love but it went more 
towards Slayer than Metallica.
I was a secret listener of KNAC. 
But in my defence of that I had listened
to KNAC since I was a kid and it was 
the only station to play rock. 
And it was in Long Beach!
But by the time this tour came around 
Metallica were huge, widely loved MTV gods!
So, I decided I wanted to see them. 
What a well oiled, precision machine they were(are?).
All moves were in perfect harmony 
(who choreographed this thing?),
every "fuck" and city name was perfectly placed.   
And they sounded just like a cd.
It was a great show.  How could it not be? 
Everything was perfect.  
Like a script had been made to tell them to 
insert ______ here, be it guitar solo, 
drum solo, or whatever.
I have to say I really had a good time and was impressed.
Got a setlist from setlist.fm (thank you!)

Intro
The Ecstasy of Gold (Ennio Morricone cover)
1. Breadfan
2. Master of Puppets
3. Where Ever I May Roam
4. Harvester of Sorrow
5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
6. The God That Failed
7. Kill/Ride Medley
8. For Whom The Bell Tolls
9. Disposable Heroes
10. Seek and Destroy
11. Guitar Solo
12. Nothing Else Matters
13. Creeping Death
14. Bass Solo
15. Fade to Black
16. Whiplash
Encore
17. Sad but True
18. One
Encore 2
19. Enter Sandman
20. So What 

I find it funny how they put the guitar and bass solo in the 
set list like its a song!! 



1 comment:

  1. Is this the show where Suicidal Tendencies opened??? That was cray, cray

    ReplyDelete